Skip to main content

U turn

We were on the way to Ozora festival. My life u-turn's first station. Since I already decided to quit my job and be my own boss, ideas were exploding in my head during the ride. How should I start, what would be the easiest way to start earning money? P*rn indusrty. Obvious as hell. Since decades, the marketing world's basic golden rule was: you can sell anything with kids, dogs or girls. Let's focus on the third one, I thought. As an occasional p*rn consumer, I tried to find the gap on the market, which I should fill in. Sounds weird in this context, right?
I am still trying to blame the hot weather that we had those days, but I came up with an idea of creating an advanced search engine for p*rn videos. The idea was to create an automated robot, which will index all the relevant sites, do some image processing, title and description analysis, process the ratings and user comments and create a huge database of all the information gathered. As a result, you could search whatever you wish for, starting from the basics like hair color and ending up with selecting a preferred camera angle. I planned every details on the road. I know it's weird, blame the weather, not me.
After 3 days in Ozora, reaching the highest and lowest parts of my mind, having a "near-life" experience, I went home and did some research. In around 2 minutes I found a site which does something very similar than my idea, except the camera angles. However that would be the essence of my service, I still decided not to go for my world-changing business plan. Second lesson learned: do some research, before acting!

Comments

Follow Jack on Instagram

Popular posts from this blog

Hijacked dreams

I was sitting at my computer. Actually a laptop, not those good old yellowish loud machines. Things has changed to the direction of mobility. "Mobility", in a theoretical way, since it only allows us to sit wherever we want, but still next to our computers. Or laptop. Or mobile. You are happy when your company gives you a laptop, how generous, but actually it only gives you the option to work anytime, anywhere. Anyway, on this specific, memorable day, I was clicking, double clicking, even a few right clicks, marking texts, copy, paste, bullshit. I was at work. I shouldn't describe at which company, they wouldn't be happy to hear. Hours hardly passed, dragging slowly like an elevator going up in a skyscraper if you are claustrophobic. That was the moment which changed my life. I realized that I ended up so far away from my childhood dreams, that I couldn't even remember what those were. Just the feeling... So I decided to take a u-turn, I stood up, went to my boss...