I was sitting at my computer. Actually a laptop, not those good old yellowish loud machines. Things has changed to the direction of mobility. "Mobility", in a theoretical way, since it only allows us to sit wherever we want, but still next to our computers. Or laptop. Or mobile. You are happy when your company gives you a laptop, how generous, but actually it only gives you the option to work anytime, anywhere.
Anyway, on this specific, memorable day, I was clicking, double clicking, even a few right clicks, marking texts, copy, paste, bullshit. I was at work. I shouldn't describe at which company, they wouldn't be happy to hear. Hours hardly passed, dragging slowly like an elevator going up in a skyscraper if you are claustrophobic. That was the moment which changed my life. I realized that I ended up so far away from my childhood dreams, that I couldn't even remember what those were. Just the feeling... So I decided to take a u-turn, I stood up, went to my boss to resign! My chest was expanding, I was so proud, already acting like a hero, how brave! I will be my own boss from tomorrow! Aha, of course, just like that, and then a slap on my face hit me. A surprise left jab, when I realized I had one month of notice period, plus where should I start? I have to earn money, bills, beers, I have to pay all those. So I sat back. First lesson learned: think before act!
Anyway, on this specific, memorable day, I was clicking, double clicking, even a few right clicks, marking texts, copy, paste, bullshit. I was at work. I shouldn't describe at which company, they wouldn't be happy to hear. Hours hardly passed, dragging slowly like an elevator going up in a skyscraper if you are claustrophobic. That was the moment which changed my life. I realized that I ended up so far away from my childhood dreams, that I couldn't even remember what those were. Just the feeling... So I decided to take a u-turn, I stood up, went to my boss to resign! My chest was expanding, I was so proud, already acting like a hero, how brave! I will be my own boss from tomorrow! Aha, of course, just like that, and then a slap on my face hit me. A surprise left jab, when I realized I had one month of notice period, plus where should I start? I have to earn money, bills, beers, I have to pay all those. So I sat back. First lesson learned: think before act!
Comments
Post a Comment